Friday, October 16, 2009

Inventory Update

We are getting close to the end of what we can offer till after Jim's retreat. He's going to be selling lots of chocolate at the retreat - all those spiritual types need chocolate to get a little grounded. We've only got a little bit left over after I subtract what I (Keli) need for "medicinal" purposes.
I decided not to go with the Pumpkin flavor - tasted like pumpkin pie but felt like chocolate, kinda weird, maybe some other time.  My thinking now is to go with a Winter bar.  A lot of heat, I'm going to experiment with lots of cayenne, and possibly cinnamon and candied ginger or just dried ginger.  Jim wants to do a milk chocolate and we special ordered some whole powderded milk from AmericanSpice.com who states "A meal, like anything else, is only as good as the quality of its components".My feelings exactly.  We have a couple of batches worth of beans from Costa Rica, and also need a new machine so we are contemplating what beans and what machine we should look into, not sure what we will be making a month from now. 






By the way, a friend made some fresh corn tortillas (gluten free).  I have a lot and if anyone is swinging by in the next couple of days, I'm happy to share.  From now on I am going to buy my tortillas from her instead of from the market. (hint)  So sweet she is, delivered it to me tonight in cloth, still warm and came with half her family to deliver it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you would like to know more about the chocolate we make for sale in Sonoma or if you are interested in visiting the farm in Costa Rica.