Thursday, January 14, 2010

Arrived in Costa Rica







We arrived safely and all went according to plan.  It was a wonderful feeling to arrive here.  We went to pick up the car which we keep with Pollo who is now a friend and has an auto shop.  We store the car with him and when we get back he has also done all this wonderful and necessary work on it, so every time we come back to a great working car.  Not an easy feat in Costa Rica.

In the taxi on the way from the airport I realized that i had a kind of relaxation in my body and mind. I feel it every time I come here but this time was more pronounced, I guess because we've been so busy moving.  Jim also noticed as he was tying our suit cases onto the roof of the car that he felt more alive. When he was communicating with Pollo about the bill and all that had been done I could see or feel something different here.  Maybe it's a bit more machismo but also very simple and we have been so lucky to meet and befriend so many truly kind, honest, and extremely helpful people here.

Even in the city where we are staying now I look up at the sky and see stars.  Did i say it is nice to be here?
Tomorrow we're sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if you would like to know more about the chocolate we make for sale in Sonoma or if you are interested in visiting the farm in Costa Rica.